ROSEMEAD, Calif. - Panda Express, America's favorite Chinese kitchen, will host its first-ever national Panda Career Day on Oct. 18 and interview candidates at more than 170 Panda Express locations across the U.S. and Canada for career opportunities at all levels including restaurant service team and management positions, and corporate roles. Candidates are asked to sign up for available interview times and nearest locations at www.pandacareerday.com, where they can also learn about all available positions, pay and company benefits.
The inaugural Panda Career Day aims to connect passionate candidates who are inspired to better their lives with career opportunities in a family-owned and family-inspired organization committed to being a world leader in people development. Panda will open its 2,000 location this year and continues to expand domestically and internationally, opening about 125 new restaurants per year.
Recognized as a Top Work Place by the Dallas Morning News, Orange County Register, Salt Lake Tribune and The Press-Enterprise, Panda believes in a well-defined, lucrative career path for those who work hard and invests in nurturing associates to help them advance to the next level through one-on-one coaching and mentoring.
Associates are offered comprehensive benefits and perks to help them thrive in every aspect of their lives, including:
- Competitive Base Pay, Bonuses and Paid Time Off – Competitive industry pay for all positions, as well as bonuses and paid time off for all associates
- Health and Wellness Benefits – Health insurance with 80 percent of associates' premiums covered by Panda and 50 percent paid for qualified dependents
- Stock Options and Savings – Stock options and 401(k) savings accounts for eligible associates, with a 401(k) contribution match of up to 4 percent by Panda
- Continuous Learning – $400 annual stipend for continuing education opportunities for qualified associates, as well as college scholarships covering up to 60 percent tuition, with a maximum of $2,000 per year
- Associate Perks – Discounts to theme parks, movie tickets, mobile phones, gym memberships, Panda Restaurant Group restaurants and more
Founded by Andrew and Peggy Cherng in 1983, Panda Express is the largest family-owned restaurant in America. Inspired by the founders' purpose-driven vision and journey as American Chinese immigrants, Panda prioritizes its people-first culture for all associates and encourages all to engage in the growth opportunities offered.
"Careers in the restaurant industry are an important growth engine for our economy. Panda is proud to be an employer of choice within this space as a family-owned and family-inspired organization that stands for the whole-person growth of our associates," said Leonard Yip, chief people officer at Panda Restaurant Group. "At Panda, we believe in putting people first and our comprehensive benefits package focused on personal and professional development is a very important ingredient for our associates to have a successful career path at Panda Express."